The Childrens Hospital
With more than 40 pediatric subspecialties, The Children's Hospital serves as the Texas Panhandle's primary healthcare provider for children.
Pediatric Medical/Surgical Services
Highly skilled, caring nurses are committed to offering you and your child a comfortable environment. We strive to help patients and their families feel as close to home as possible in any of our 29 spacious, private rooms. For children of all ages with various types of medical problems, the general pediatrics unit is widely respected for progressive medical services and modern technologies. Because the hospital is part of the Alliance Regional Health Network, you and your child can take advantage of the expertise of nearly 50 pediatricians and specialists. Some of these specialties include:
- Hematology and Oncology
- Infectious Disease
Other services and programs available are:
- H.O.P.E. (Healing Our Parental Emptiness Support Group) — meets the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m. at Crown of Texas Hospice, 1000 South Jefferson. Call 372-7696 for more information.
- Car Seat Safety Checks Call 354-1444 to schedule your check-up today!
- The Child Life Program This exciting program includes structured activities, one-on-one interactions and lots of arts and crafts. A child may get to be a princess for a day or have a great camp-out!
- Pediatric Dietary Counseling
- Pediatric Physical Therapy Northwest Texas Healthcare System provides a comprehensive therapeutic team that works with your child on developmental, neurological or physical delays. Each team includes licensed and certified physical, occupational and speech therapists who specialize in pediatric assessment and treatment.